– The basement is one place that most people tend to neglect when it comes to decoration. The fact that it is a hidden area does not render it ineffective for beautification. In fact, this is the place you should really invest on in terms of decoration since it’s the place you can go to eject your feelings in.
TIPS AND BENEFITS
– When considering the wall paint colors of the basement, it is vital to consider what the basement will be used for. Is it a playroom for kids, game room, relaxing place, lounge or a club? When you have the real function of the basement, then color selection becomes easy.
– Most basements are actually dark which makes them non-conducive. However, the color you choose for the painting can actually turn the basement into a whole new lit beautiful place. This is by painting deep saturated colors i.e. rich deep blue, red or saturated purple. The colors do not need to be so dark otherwise the place will be uninviting. Blending this deep colors with white color on the ceiling can spark the place whereas using saturated deep colors like light green, Aqua and sky blue as primary colors makes the place lighted.
– The available lighting at your basement will also direct you into choosing the right type of color for the place. Since the basement is a place where there is limited or no light, it is good to choose colors that reflect the small amount of light available to the entire areas of the room. Additional lighting i.e. fluorescent tubes and bulbs are also a good thing to spur the color to your basement.
– It is good that you light up your basement with great and bright hues. Make your basement your all time relaxing zone.